Fork me on GitHub
UDB / TBC-DB / UDB 4.3.4 Forums Revival
Hi Everyone,

I would like to invite everyone to come back and visit us at our respective DB Projects Forum.

I know we have all been lazy and doing everything here at CMangos Forums. The UDB Forums recently had some downtime but we have now resolved these issues and as the new Forum Admin I will be working to improve the forums as well.

Recent changes that are happening is that we will be using the DB Project Forums for all Content Database Related Development for the various projects instead of using CMangos Forums... we have also decided to relocate the SD2 and ACID Forums to CMangos.

I encourage everyone to come and participate with us on the Official UDB / TBC-DB / UDB 4.3.4 Forum at:

http://udb.no-ip.org

Thank You! Cool
[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to X-Savior for this post:
  â€¢ Xfurry, grz3s, pyza, HerrTrigger, pyromaniac
You might want to get yourself a new domain, Microsoft just shut down no-ip Sad

https://www.noip.com/blog/2014/06/30/ips...-takedown/
yes they are working on it currently. We will give No-Ip a chance to correct the issue before making any rash decisions. If you read their statement this is a Microsoft issue with a few users but over-reacted. No-Ip is a legitimate company that millions and millions of users use and pay for including ourselves.

No-Ip Press Release
Is there a direct ip I can use in the meantime? I haven't been able to connect to the udb forums :S
Why can't the database forums be included as a part of the CMaNGOS forums? I have to admit that I think the segmentation of an already small(and tight) community is counter-intuitive. If anything, hosting the forums under the same domain could encourage discussions and collaborations between teams.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Efonius for this post:
  â€¢ LilleCarl, Issuntril
efonius Wrote:Why can't the database forums be included as a part of the CMaNGOS forums?
For legal reason mainly, though I agree with your argument regarding community segmentation. This is also why database, core and scripts are kept separated projects (at least as much as possible).
Though people are free to develop a core/server for a game and make it compatible with a copyrighted game like WoW (an even that is depending on the country you are living in), the WoW game content is copyrighted and we cannot use it and share it freely.
(07-02-2014, 07:16 AM)cala Wrote:
efonius Wrote:Why can't the database forums be included as a part of the CMaNGOS forums?
For legal reason mainly, though I agree with your argument regarding community segmentation. This is also why database, core and scripts are kept separated projects (at least as much as possible).
Though people are free to develop a core/server for a game and make it compatible with a copyrighted game like WoW (an even that is depending on the country you are living in), the WoW game content is copyrighted and we cannot use it and share it freely.

The copyright problem seems weird though... basically every 2 months the 'real' servers are a different beast altogether and the version we focus on trying to recreate basically doesn't actually exist in that form, and never will again. I've actually played some MOP over the last year, it sucks frankly... The game itself is as polished graphically, etc as always but its the community on there that always drives me away, the better this project gets at making the world behave right without all the obnoxious players the more I prefer it over theirs.
i agree with shodow

mist realy fed up game for me
The real MMO players was replaced with a bunch of kids that keeps on mouning how hard the game is and when something changes lore whyse they all go why? why? why? play game from begining and raid the lich kings kingdom then come back and ask why.

Lich king and cata was for me a decent game. hard to servive and realy needed friends to play with you in order to level up
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - Albert Einstein
(07-02-2014, 07:16 AM)cala Wrote:

I don't think that there are any legal issues with this.
In the end we have a direct link to all the supported databases, and SD2 has been recently included into this forum.

I think it's more about the freedom of development. There is only one core, one script library, but many database providers.
(07-04-2014, 04:18 AM)SADraco Wrote: i agree with shodow

mist realy fed up game for me
The real MMO players was replaced with a bunch of kids that keeps on mouning how hard the game is and when something changes lore whyse they all go why? why? why? play game from begining and raid the lich kings kingdom then come back and ask why.

Lich king and cata was for me a decent game. hard to servive and realy needed friends to play with you in order to level up

Yeah for me the community is what really tanked around the time they introduced Cata, prior to that most of my groupings were guild or friends on my same server, and people were generally pretty happy if you ran something and there was only one or two deaths. Things got done, I got through the content, and I had quite a bit of fun in the process. Then the LFG/LFR came along, and also in Cata they made the heroics more punishing with a lot of instant kills if you didn't have 6 hours a day to memorize the mechanics, and the community got a lot more toxic about dps and skipping everything. It wasn't enough to run the dungeon successfully, you were expected to hit top 5% dps averages and skip everything for a 15 minute run, if you die they stopped clicking a button to rez, etc. Most of that stuff just got very elitist and when people work full time or have other things going on in their lives they aren't going to spend 6 hours a day memorizing every single aspect of a dozen different raids, heroics, events.