Fork me on GitHub
Classic InstallFullDB.sh error 1054
I've followed the install instructions up to the part where I'm told to run InstallFullDB.sh. It gives me this error:

Code:
Append core update z2688_01_mangos_flametongue.sql to database mangos ERROR 1054 (42S22) at line 1: Unknown column 'required_z2687_01_mangos_spell_chain' in 'db_version'

I'm thinking it's somehow getting the update order mixed up that's why the column is wrong, but it seems strange that that would happen. I did have to run the DB initialization scripts through phpmyadmin as mysql would just freeze through bash, but they initialized smoothly so I doubt that's the problem.

Anyone got an idea? Help would be much appreciated!
Yep, I ran into this error too. worked around this by passing the "-f" switch to mysql like this:

Code:
mysql -umangos -p -f characters < mangos/sql/updates/characters/z2686_01_characters_reset_talents.sql

This will force mysql to continue executing your script even if there are errors.
Hmm that'd mainly help if I was applying them manually, but I guess I could tinker with InstallFullDB.sh a bit to add the parameter there. Will try that.

Why's this happening anyway? If InstallFullDB.sh is written correctly it should be applying the updates right so that there's no error.

EDIT: I made InstallFullDB.sh force its updates and it managed to finish with only the one error, so I guess ignoring it shouldn't cause problems.

Anyone reading this thread later, you need to change line 93 to this: (All that's happening is the -f being added)

Code:
MYSQL_COMMAND="$MYSQL -h$DB_HOST -u$USERNAME -p$PASSWORD -f $DATABASE"
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Wingblade for this post:
  â€¢ bluedraco20
Could you report this on the bug tracker, please? https://github.com/cmangos/issues/issues
ApexWoW.com- The unofficial CMaNGOS testing platform
(11-09-2016, 10:50 AM)Wingblade Wrote: Hmm that'd mainly help if I was applying them manually, but I guess I could tinker with InstallFullDB.sh a bit to add the parameter there. Will try that.

Why's this happening anyway? If InstallFullDB.sh is written correctly it should be applying the updates right so that there's no error.

InstallFullDB.sh should not be involved. That script is used to install classicdb. The file you were trying to apply, "z2688_01_mangos_flametongue.sql" is not part of classicdb. It's part of mangos-classic.
(11-09-2016, 05:31 PM)JoseQ Wrote:
(11-09-2016, 10:50 AM)Wingblade Wrote: Hmm that'd mainly help if I was applying them manually, but I guess I could tinker with InstallFullDB.sh a bit to add the parameter there. Will try that.

InstallFullDB.sh should not be involved. That script is used to install classicdb. The file you were trying to apply, "z2688_01_mangos_flametongue.sql" is not part of classicdb. It's part of mangos-classic.

Well, InstallFullDB allows you to run .sql files, too, in mangos/sql/updates and thats where these bad boys show up.
ApexWoW.com- The unofficial CMaNGOS testing platform
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Beerfish for this post:
  â€¢ JoseQ
(11-09-2016, 04:39 PM)Beerfish Wrote: Could you report this on the bug tracker, please? https://github.com/cmangos/issues/issues

Done

For now my server runs fine with the workaround, so I'll stick with that until there's a proper fix.
(11-09-2016, 05:56 PM)Beerfish Wrote: Well, InstallFullDB allows you to run .sql files, too, in mangos/sql/updates and thats where these bad boys show up.

Well, I dun larned somethin' today. Thank you.
Just tried out the fix that got made in response to the issue I submitted, and the error no longer appears. Big Grin

Thread solved, you may close (or do whatever else you do with solved threads on this server). Thanks for your help everyone!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [TBC] VMAPS ERROR HNDRXX 3 1,208 03-26-2017, 08:27 AM
Last Post: HNDRXX
  [CLASSIC] make error gorgau 1 711 03-10-2017, 06:39 AM
Last Post: JoseQ
Exclamation [CLASSIC] Playerbot database error? Do I have the wrong classic-db? Wingblade 0 627 02-21-2017, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Wingblade
  [TBC] Compilation error: linking buddiman 1 894 12-20-2016, 01:29 PM
Last Post: evil@wow
  latest cmangos classic with playerbot compile error darkdandy 2 1,273 10-27-2016, 02:34 PM
Last Post: darkdandy
  [CATA] Error extracting resources freeman725 2 1,247 10-15-2016, 08:52 AM
Last Post: alysher
  compile error with game.lib suomaza 5 2,724 10-01-2016, 01:35 AM
Last Post: suomaza
  [TBC] Boost Error Gemze 1 1,024 09-12-2016, 11:52 PM
Last Post: taters
  [CATA] Five Compile Errors - Weird Error #1 taters 0 809 09-09-2016, 11:29 PM
Last Post: taters
  [CLASSIC] [Resolved] ERROR:VMapManager2: could not load [...], mangosd app crash Toxo 1 1,088 09-04-2016, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Toxo