Fork me on GitHub
Your input for a new CMaNGOS forum!
Information 
Part of the reason why I was asked to join the CMaNGOS crew was to help out in a project to build a new fresh and clean forum, ready for the year 2017!Because the current forum has been around for a while and has become a familiar sightto many of us,it's important for everyone to have a voice in the construction of a new one. This topic serves as a means to talk about the functionality, lay-out and options our new forum should have. I'd like to add that the new forum will be build on an existing open source bulletin board system such as phpBB3. Please, share your opinions! I'll take all of them into account.

Update December 9th, 2016
I have finished the first version of the forum I'd like to present to you folks. The forum is powered by phpBB, ComBoot and Bootswatchand slightly altered by myself. You can currently find it on https://apexwow.com/cmangos/
Please leave some feedback on the lay-out. Also, I'm still working on the subfora structure. What you see now, is an example. So please suggest additional subfora we could use. When registering, you can use your GitHub or Battle.net account. Other sources will become available on a later date.
ApexWoW.com- The unofficial CMaNGOS testing platform
Functionalities:
- Mobile friendly
- Better design
- less thread
- latest thread can be accessable directly
- PM
- possibility to add some specific feature.
- possibility to signup with google/faceboock (for lazy guys like me that are tired to signup in each interesting forum)
- well probably other things.
Do we need to start worrying that a bunch of useful posts on this forum will be gone? That's basically my biggest concern after seeing several old forums vanish.

Apart from that, I don't think I have specific wishes, or at least nothing that somewhat modern forum software doesn't offer.
(12-01-2016, 06:24 PM)Cyberium Wrote: Functionalities:
- Mobile friendly
- Better design
- less thread
- latest thread can be accessable directly
- PM
- possibility to add some specific feature.
- possibility to signup with google/faceboock (for lazy guys like me that are tired to signup in each interesting forum)
- well probably other things.

Valuable suggestions, thank you Cyberium.

(12-01-2016, 07:23 PM)evil@wow Wrote: Do we need to start worrying that a bunch of useful posts on this forum will be gone? That's basically my biggest concern after seeing several old forums vanish.

Apart from that, I don't think I have specific wishes, or at least nothing that somewhat modern forum software doesn't offer.

If there are important posts we wish to transfer, that could be arranged. Lets make sure to mark them as such and I'll transfer them over.
I want to start with a clean one. 0 posts.
So there is 2 possibility. Keep this forum as it is and make it read only or add an archive subforum in the new forum to put all of this contain.
In a way or another yes we should keep ALL data.
Do we want to keep the same forum structure on the new forum? Community Talk Forum, Help & Support Forum, Developer's Corner, etc.?
No. Anything better will be welcome.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Cyberium for this post:
  â€¢ LilleCarl
(12-02-2016, 01:42 PM)Cyberium Wrote: No. Anything better will be welcome.

I will propose a different structure then, hopefully sometime this weekend.
No hurry. We must think about it. It will be done probably for some years so...
I have finished the first version of the forum I'd like to present to you folks. The forum is powered by phpBB, ComBoot and Bootswatchand slightly altered by myself. You can currently find it onhttps://apexwow.com/cmangos/
Please leave some feedback on the lay-out. Also, I'm still working on the subfora structure. What you see now, is an example. So please suggest additional subfora we could use. When registering, you can use your GitHub or Battle.net account. Other sources will become available on a later date.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wow client freezes my machine while I'm debugging cMangos eeka 0 290 02-26-2017, 06:27 PM
Last Post: eeka
Shocked Confused about Mangos and CMangos Mightylink 6 968 01-24-2017, 08:01 AM
Last Post: Mightylink
  [proposal] Project cmangos-bot cleanup Wingblade 2 670 11-22-2016, 11:31 AM
Last Post: HanFox
  [Crash] cmangos-tbc latest revision Xandrah 2 1,321 04-27-2016, 08:06 AM
Last Post: Xandrah
  How can be people be of assistance to CMaNGOS? Beerfish 1 1,701 09-16-2015, 07:49 AM
Last Post: Castro
  RefManager class in cmangos code magiceye 0 890 08-12-2015, 09:31 AM
Last Post: magiceye
  CMangos Really Is the Best Mightylink 2 1,693 08-04-2015, 10:26 PM
  CMaNGOS WOTLK cyberghoser1 6 3,610 07-03-2015, 02:47 PM
  Recompiling CMaNGOS Beerfish 2 2,631 07-08-2014, 06:39 PM
Last Post: Beerfish
Heart Thank You CMangos! Mightylink 11 6,954 07-04-2014, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Cyberium