Fork me on GitHub
Cataclysm Do I clone all core files or just those pertaining to desired expansion?
Hey guys,

First, I would like to say that this seems to be an awesome and helpful community. I have never attempted anything like this and this project is amazing. Thanks to everyone who has contributed!

As I said, this is my first time attempting to set up an emulator like this. I am cloning the core CMaNGOSfiles to be able to play Cataclysm. Do I need to clone each of the core files (vanilla, tbc, etc) or JUST the Cataclysm files? Ditto on the DBs.

I am asking because when I went to clone the core MaNGOS files I received an error. Fatal: directory mangos already exists and is not empty... So that leads me to believe that I am only supposed to download the one set of core files?

Thanks, guys!
I did more searching and on another website (https://www.reaper-x.com/2010/04/22/how-...n-windows/ ) it is explained that you only get the core files for the version of WoW that you intend to play. IE, if you want to play Cataclysm then only download/clone the mangos-cata.git. If you want to play The Burning Crusade then only download/clone mangos-tbc.git.

I will leave this post up as it mayhelp someone else. I don't think it was clear on this board (https://github.com/cmangos/issues/wiki/I...structions ).
Just clone the cata core files if you want to play cata. If you want im puting a db team together only focising on cata db. Ull share the db i have then wirh you. It has worgan fully playable.
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - Albert Einstein

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation [TBC] Last Stable Core of cmangos request SilvioDoMine 0 727 08-07-2016, 01:34 AM
Last Post: SilvioDoMine
  [WOTLK] Error while compiling new files have issues [Solved] Dainara 4 3,497 03-03-2015, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Dainara
Question [WOTLK] g3dlite compiling problem while compile mangos core in FreeBSD 10 xiegh 4 4,470 11-21-2014, 12:48 AM
Last Post: xiegh
  [ALL] Visual Studio Express 2013 / conf files [Solved] Bundesferkel 9 5,649 10-15-2014, 11:32 AM
Last Post: shnibble
  Is possile to use NPCBots in Cmangos core? Warrior94 1 2,897 12-17-2013, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Ulduar
  How to install playerbots in Cmangos core?? Warrior94 8 12,916 10-06-2013, 09:41 PM
Last Post: ptdnet