Fork me on GitHub
Thank You CMangos!
Heart 
I just came here to say thanks to the cmangos devs and its contributors for keeping the project alive this long. I've been a long time WoW subscriber but have been really disliking their latest expansions, if it wasn't for cmangos's wotlk branch I wouldn't be playing WoW at all anymore. I know it seems outdated to most people now but its the only version of WoW I still enjoy and I really appreciate you guys for working on it, thanks again and keep the project alive!
[-] The following 7 users say Thank You to Mightylink for this post:
  â€¢ cala, Rog360, Efonius, X-Savior, HerrTrigger, Blindguard, LilleCarl
If you think WotLK is outdated, then what will you think of those of us that are still on TBC or even Classic, like myself. Wink

Anyway, I'm very glad you are happy with CMaNGOS and that it helps you refind the feelings of the good ol' days. If you feel like contributing, you will be most welcome. Smile
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to cala for this post:
  â€¢ X-Savior, Ophie
Yes Thank you. We are all still here and working away. I know things may seem slow but we are like the turtle.. moving ahead slow and steady.

I would like to send a thank you to all of the other Devs also!
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to X-Savior for this post:
  â€¢ Ophie, shadeofdeath
(05-30-2014, 06:50 PM)cala Wrote: If you think WotLK is outdated, then what will you think of those of us that are still on TBC or even Classic, like myself. Wink

Anyway, I'm very glad you are happy with CMaNGOS and that it helps you refind the feelings of the good ol' days. If you feel like contributing, you will be most welcome. Smile

Thanks but I know nothing of programming, I'm pretty good with mysql though and typing queries by hand, but that takes me to the database forums instead of hanging out here, hense this being my only thread Tongue
Hey Mightylink, just an FYI but most of the Db Devs have also taken up home here at CMangos Forum also. Things have been quiet at the Db Forums but we are still active here.

So feel free to join us here also during our slow times.

Just a heads up for many, with us moving into summer this is ALWAYS traditionally a time that we slow down significantly (as we like to be outside in the nice weather too). So Do not expect anything huge until the fall to happen.

But in saying this even myself I find an hour here and there to keep things fresh and moving forward.
(06-04-2014, 05:14 AM)X-Savior Wrote: Hey Mightylink, just an FYI but most of the Db Devs have also taken up home here at CMangos Forum also. Things have been quiet at the Db Forums but we are still active here.

So feel free to join us here also during our slow times.

Just a heads up for many, with us moving into summer this is ALWAYS traditionally a time that we slow down significantly (as we like to be outside in the nice weather too). So Do not expect anything huge until the fall to happen.

But in saying this even myself I find an hour here and there to keep things fresh and moving forward.

Curious what you guys are working on still, seems like phasing and the more scripted stuff added in Cata+ is where things kind of stalled, the rest of the older stuff seems pretty nice other than a few little things here and there.

I want to also say thanks to everybody that has been working on this through the last several years and worked so hard to keep this game around in the forms that many of us liked better than the changes they're making now and in the future.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to shadeofdeath for this post:
  â€¢ X-Savior
Well, here is current state of situation we have for DB Projects since you asked:

1) UDB Is preparing 407 Release (Grz3s is working on it as crackm just does not have the time to finish it). So this will be a WOTLK Update
2) I am working on polishing off the TBC-DB Release 1.4.2 for TBC and this will be HUGE as it will be a MAJOR implementation of the NPC Stats System
3) Classic is the MOST Active in general development currently as there seems to be high demand for Classic Wow.
4) Cata is stalled currently as it is pretty much building a new DB from scratch and we currently just do not have the Dev Man-Power or the Community Interest to spend time on it.

It is summertime so many of the devs are also busy IRL with things including enjoying the outdoors so every year we slow right down during July and August but in Sept things start to pickup again.

There is always LOTS to do on the projects and we have a LONG ways to go for a real polished final product. I know that currently in TBC we have HUGE development still to come and we now have the ability to be able to do major improvements since the core side parts have improved and we have many options for solutions now supported (Things we were unable to originally do because of limited core functionality we required).

Never the less we are always moving forward and I always want to stress to our ENTIRE community that even though you may not see a lot of activity sometimes on the repos we ARE working on things and development is on-going. As a DB Dev I find at least a little time almost every single day to work on stuff but they are usually part of larger things that take a long time before they are released.

We do what we do because we enjoy it and community participation keeps us going. When the forums get quiet and no one is around we start asking ourselves what we are still doing here if no one cares. Please keep participating and helping us out. We do appreciate bug reports and people who can test proposed fixes or even some basic research into problems to help us get some traction.

Thank You!
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to X-Savior for this post:
  â€¢ Jeff, shadeofdeath, HerrTrigger
I feel like you guys should just skip cata and go right to mists since mists is just an addon to cata, you'll get all the same spawns and quests and stuff in the new azeroth as you would just doing cata alone.
except game play in MoP is terrible. There is a HUGE difference in actual game play style between Cata and MoP. Personally we found that Paladin's were RUINED in MoP and this was a primary reason I even quit playing MoP on Retail.

Just as a FYI for the core Cata is more in common with WOTLK then MoP believe it or not... there is SIGNIFICANT changes introduced with MoP
Well I have no interest in either cata or mists, I was just giving a friendly suggestion, personally I'm glad you guys are still so focused on wrath, makes me pretty happy Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wow client freezes my machine while I'm debugging cMangos eeka 0 508 02-26-2017, 06:27 PM
Last Post: eeka
Shocked Confused about Mangos and CMangos Mightylink 6 1,718 01-24-2017, 08:01 AM
Last Post: Mightylink
Information Your input for a new CMaNGOS forum! Beerfish 22 5,122 01-23-2017, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Castro
  [proposal] Project cmangos-bot cleanup Wingblade 2 1,062 11-22-2016, 11:31 AM
Last Post: HanFox
  [Crash] cmangos-tbc latest revision Xandrah 2 1,772 04-27-2016, 08:06 AM
Last Post: Xandrah
  How can be people be of assistance to CMaNGOS? Beerfish 1 1,987 09-16-2015, 07:49 AM
Last Post: Castro
  RefManager class in cmangos code magiceye 0 1,119 08-12-2015, 09:31 AM
Last Post: magiceye
  CMangos Really Is the Best Mightylink 2 2,041 08-04-2015, 10:26 PM
  CMaNGOS WOTLK cyberghoser1 6 4,195 07-03-2015, 02:47 PM
  Recompiling CMaNGOS Beerfish 2 3,004 07-08-2014, 06:39 PM
Last Post: Beerfish